Press & Awards
Our tours and our little extras are just a few of the things that we think make us different. So this is why it means so much to us to have the recognition and support of the Press, Social Media, Trip Advisor, and the Community over the years.
The Latest in the Press
- We had the pleasure of providing a Segway Tour to a writer with Metro.co.uk. To read the great article about Anna Maria and his Segway Tour visit our Blog post on the Sunshine Blog.
Who is Metro.co.uk? At Metro.co.uk, you can join the 30 million unique visitors a month in enjoying a new way of thinking when it comes to a news site. As well as giving you all the stories you need to know (from breaking news to the biggest sport stories), Metro.co.uk also has all the stories you want to know. This can take the form of the latest showbiz gossip, the funniest and oddest stories from around the world and the best opinion pieces, without a party political standpoint to have to worry about. You can find the 12 stories they think are most interesting that day and what’s trending at that very moment.
- The Outdoorsy Diva came on a Segway Tour with us in association with GlampingHub. To read the great article about Anna Maria and her Segway Tour visit our Blog post on the Sunshine Blog.
Who is the Outdoorsy Diva? Lauren Gay began her blog in 2013 with a mission to inspire other moms and singles to live adventurously, step out of their comfort zones, and explore the world around them. She believes in living life as one great big adventure, whether its adventures in travel, food, or the great outdoors. She also aims to defy cultural stereotypes and bring more awareness to minorities of the oudoors and unconventional activities.
- Segs by the Sea is proud to have received the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 9 years straight!
- In 2017, owner, Julie Kirkwood was awarded the 2017 Rookie Small Business Person of the Year.
- In 2016 Segs by the Sea was awarded the 2016 Small Business of the Year by the Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce
- For two consecutive terms Segs by the Sea has been awarded the Exclusive Rights to the Coquina Trail by Manatee County.